Come Play Together
Playground Project Goal
The Boulder Junction Community Playground Project is a community-wide based project whose goal is to provide a fun, safe, inclusive experience for residents and visitors alike.
The community as a whole is invited to “come and play together” to support this beautiful addition to our Sports and Recreation Park on Park Street planned for the fall of 2022.
Naming & Sponsorship Opportunities Now Available!
Playground Project Timeline
- December 2020: Public survey regarding the playground
- October 26, 2021: Discuss at the Town Board meeting
- November 11, 2021: Present at the Electors Meeting
- December 28, 2021: Gained final approval by Town Board
- January 2022 thru September 2022: Fundraising
- June 18, 2022: “Come Play Together” Playground Carnival & Roy Rivers Concert
- August 10th - Equipment ordered on "faith" to avoid price increases
- August 30-October 31, 2022: Matching Donor Community Challenge and 100X100 Matching Campaign
- Sept/October 2022: Remove existing playground equipment and excavate playground areas
- September 2022 - Spring 2023: Continue fundraising & grant process
- September-December, 2022: School Change Drive & Area Fall Festival Information Booths
- October 15th, 1PM Ground breaking event
- December, 2022: End of year giving appeal in tax letters
- January-April, 2023: Community fundraising and Grants continue
- May-June, 2023: Begin playground equipment installation, when the weather and ground is suitable
- June/July 2023: Brick walkway, fencing and landscaping installation
- June /July 2023- Dedication of playground. All fundraising to be completed.
Playground Project Fundraising
We have a fundraising plan to raise $275,000 for all 3 phases of the Boulder Junction Community Park project with a budget now of $300,000 due to equipment increases. There will be no tax levy increase to fund this project. The Town of Boulder Junction is contributing $50,000 for this project.*
Funding sources to include:
- Town Park Board Designated Fund $25,000*
- Town Room Tax Designated Fund $25,000*
- Grants and Foundation Donations $43,550
- Community Donations & Dedications $35,399.47
- Community Event Fundraising $5,879.53 Come Play Together Carnival & Concert
- Individual Equipment Sponsorships $84,675
- Brick Sales $31,250